Thursday, February 21, 2008

Landan update.

Here's the update on Landan. He is doing really well. He really likes his daycare. I love his teacher. She's strict with the kids but you can tell she really likes taking care of them. Just what Landan needs. He's completely changed. He asks for things politely now and he plays by himself. He's actually getting really independent. He can fetch things for himself and dress himself. I'm sure it's all due to daycare. She doesn't have time to baby anyone so she makes the kids do things by themselves. It's so nice that I can get some time to get things done around the house without him needing my attention all the time. He still demands my attention but just not all day which is fine with me. My house stays a lot cleaner this way. We'll see how that goes when I have a needy baby all day.

We have basically given up on potty training. We know he knows how to do it, but he's just being stubborn and doesn't want to. It was getting ridiculous the amount of fighting we were doing with him. I figure when he's ready, he'll do it. so he wears pull-ups all day now. He still goes potty sometimes but now it's not being forced on him. The only difference is that he has to wear big boy undies at daycare and he does pretty good with it there, probably because most of the other kids are going potty there.

Landan now knows the entire song of I Am a Child of God by the way. It's his favorite song. He sings it while he's playing with his geotrax trains which he plays with quite often. He's great helping around the house. He tries to do all the housework with me. He's getting pretty good at riding his bike too. He's growing up so fast. It's funny, it was kind of cumbersome with him wanting me all the time, but now that he's so independent, I kind of miss the little boy who needed me all the time.

So, overall he's doing great. He has lots of friends at daycare and he has lots of friends in the ward here too. I don't think he quite understands about the baby yet. He knows it's in my tummy and it's growing bigger and it will come out sometime but I don't think he realizes it's going to stay with us. He is excited to help me with him though. I think he's going to be a great big brother.

3 comments:

Cool Runnings said...

We sure do miss that little guy!

Jana and Mario said...

They do grow up so fast! Just some words from my own experience, we fought with Gabriella to try and make her potty train also, but she has barely started doing it on her own now. We gave up many times before it was successful. Who knows, she may change her mind again, but for now she is potty trained. Good luck.

The Kelly Family said...

I'm glad your still alive. We miss you guys on blogger. I hope you can slow down on working a little after the baby is born. You deserve a break :)