I got in a car accident two weeks ago. I was getting on an on-ramp to a highway and there were some cars stopped on the ramp. I didn't reailze they were stopped and I rear ended a pickup truck which hit the pickup in front of it which hit a car in front of it. Because the truck bed was higher than my van it didnt' hit the bumper, it squashed everything above the bumper and pushed it in to the windshield. Gavin and Kylie were in the car with me but they were fine. Here's some pictures of the van.


And here are some pictures of my injuries. I got a really nice bruise from the seatbelt. One across my shoulder and one across my lap.
I also managed to break my big toe. They don't cast toes, just buddy wrap them with the one next to it. You wouldn't believe how important your big toe is for walking.

I also sprained my right thumb from the steering wheel hitting it. Fun Fun.

So right now we're trying to pay off the rest of the loan that the insurance doesn't cover and then we will be waiting for several months until we can save enough for a down payment on another van. Until then, we will be a one car family.
4 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that! I'm glad everyone is (relatively) okay.
Sorry about your accident, that really stinks. Glad the kids were okay and you sustained only minor injuries.
Wow, that truck must have been really high! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know its no fun.
By the way, I don't see a link for comments on the October visit to my house. Do you know anything about it?
Post a Comment