Sunday, January 13, 2008

Landan and Daddy


Landan has been so funny these last few days. He's really getting to be just like his Daddy. Everyone has said that he looked like his daddy since he was born. Well, I'm seeing more and more of his daddy in him.

Example #1: Kevin is extremely observant. I've noticed that ever since I met him. Not only does he notice everything, but he remembers it too. The other day I had bought a little Lightening McQueen car for Landan's friend, Quinlan's, birthday party. The only one they had was the Bugs in the Teeth McQueen. Now keep in mind, this is a small matchbox sized car. I figured his little friend wouldn't notice since it was so small. I had to rethink my opinion when Landan looked at it as we were wrapping it and said, "He gots stuff in his teeth. It's bugs in his teeth. Ewww!" I hope his friends isn't as observant.

Example #2: Yesterday I was working the day shift so Landan and Kevin had a day together. They did what they always do when they are alone together. They bond at the only place they feel manly, Lowes. It has now been dubbed "Landan and Daddy's" store. I guess they were there and Kevin looked down and said, "This is our store isn't it?" and Landan said, "Yeah, Landan and Daddy's store." Then Kevin said, "Maybe it can be Landan and Daddy and little brother's store." Landan then said, "Yeah, maybe." I think it's great that they have a special place they can bond and Kevin can teach Landan how to be a manly man.

Example #3: Kevin is passing on all he knows to Landan. It's really cute when he reveals what he's learned. Tonight Landan asked Daddy if he could watch MASH with him. I think it's a ploy to stay awake longer but he likes to do it a lot. It's another bonding thing they share. Landan goes over and picks up the the season they were going to watch and he looks at the cover and says, " It gots Colonel Potter in it." I couldn't believe he recognized who it was and could say it. He remembers everything and will randomly show us what's stored in his brain. it amazes me sometimes.

1 comment:

Mother Goose said...

I agree, Kevin was always the first one to notice if I got my hair cut (and Jonny was second).

It is so fun to watch Mike and Avery bond! I love seeing unconditional love in action!