Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The EWWW Gene

Where is the gene that suddenly tells kids that affection is "GROSS!" I was saying goodbye to Kevin today after lunch when he was going back to work and this is the conversation that followed:

Landan while I'm kissing Daddy goodbye: "Ewww"

Me: "What is ewww"

Landan: "Kissing"

Me kissing him all over the cheek: "You mean I can't kiss you like this?"

Landan: "Yes, kissing on the lips is ewww"

Me: "But it's not eww when you get married"

Landan:" Can I kiss on the lips when I get married?"

Me: "Yes, but only then."

Landan: "But not at daycare. That would be so ewww"

Me: "Yes, definately not at daycare. That's right"


Where do kids pick up on these things?

2 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

That is so cute!! I love how his little mind works!! He is so funny!!

B.O.I. said...

Thank goodness he asked about kissing at daycare. Who knows what would've happened next?