Sunday, October 7, 2007

Texan slang.

You know, it's funny how fast you can pick up on the local dialect. When I was in Utah I swore I would never say "Oh my heck!". Mainly because I didn't think it was very appropriate. And I never did. Here, I don't really care if i pick up texan slang and so therefore, last night at work, the word "y'all" slipped out of my mouth as pretty as you please. All the nurses around me thought it was really funny. Most of them are from out of town as well. I wonder what else I'll pick up.

4 comments:

The Kelly Family said...

I went to elementary school in Georgia and used to ya'll all the time, too. Sometimes when I'm really mad or not thinking about what I'm saying, my southern accent comes back and ya'll slips out. Anyways, you're turning into a texan :)

Mother Goose said...

I'm so proud of you!

RotorHeadDad said...

I use "all ya'll." Sad.

Cassie said...

There is nothing wrong with saying ya'll. Its not sad. It just means you are more time effecient in the way that you speak...everyone knows that! ;) I'm proud of you too!