Monday, September 29, 2008

I Heart Landan...

Landan had his cardiology appointment today. For those of you that don't know, he has a mild heart defect. He has a bicuspid aortic valve which basically means that the valve that lets blood go from his heart to his body has two pieces instead of 3. They did an EKG and an echo (which is an ultrasound of his heart). He was so good during the visit. He kept saying, " This is the heart doctor not the shot doctor so he's not going to hurt me." The doctor basically said that he does have a little narrowing of the valve (stenosis) and some of the blood is falling back into his heart when it pumps instead of going out (regurgitation), but it's really mild and he's not showing any symptoms so we just need to watch it. He'll go back in a year. For those of you that are intersted, they gave him a picture of his heart during the ultrasound. This is what it looks like. He is very proud of it.


4 comments:

Mother Goose said...

What a big boy!

The Eldredge's said...

Cool!! I am glad he is still doing well and I hope that he continues to do well. We will keep him in our prayers!!

p.s. I'm glad you got the header to work!! It looks really good!!

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Good to hear everything is still a-okay!

The Kelly Family said...

I heart Landon, too. I'm glad that he is doing well. And I like your new background and header! Cute!