Don't worry, nothing too shocking. I just wanted to relate a funny story for posterity sake. Seeing as how I have two boys, it's been a little different having another girl around the house. Landan definately noticed the first time I changed Kylie's diaper. I don't know about where you all are, but around here they coat the umbilical cord with stuff called triple dye to help it dry up and not get infected. It also makes it turn purple (hence the dye). Our conversation went something like this:
Landan (looking horrified): Mommy! Something's wrong with Kylie's weiner!
Me: Kylie doesn't have a weiner. She is a girl.
Landan: Look at that black thing on her.
Me: That's the umbilical cord. It's how Kylie got food while she was in my tummy.
Landan: Does it hurt her? Are you sure it's not a weiner?
Me: No, it doesn't hurt and no, it's not a weiner. They put stuff on it to make it dry, that's why it's purple. It's ok.
Now every time he sees her umbilical cord he asks "Is her wire ok? Does it hurt her?"
I guess "cord" to him means wire for some reason. He's very concerned about it. I thought he was aware that boys and girls are different, but apparently I was wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is too cute!!
Post a Comment