We were at Walmart the other day and Landan saw a jar for the Children's Miracle Network on the counter while we were checking out. He saw money in it so he wanted to put some in as well. Our conversation went as follows...
Landan: I want to put money in the jar.
Mom: I don't have any change with me sweetie.
Mom (after a minute): Wait, Landan, I see a penny on the floor. Pick it up and you can put it in the jar.
Landan: (puts the penny in) So what do I get?
Mom: Nothing. That money is for little kids who are sick and in the hospital.
Landan: I want my penny back then.
Mom: We can't get it back. It's for the sick kids. We already gave it to charity.
Landan: (Pointing to the cashier) How did you know her name is Charity?
I guess I have been remiss in my duties to teach my child about what Charity is. Guess what our next Family Home Evening will be about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment