Many people have asked me why I was working in a low pay retail job when I have a degree. The answer would be that it helps pay the bills. But I have a new job. You may ask, "How many jobs has he had since he moved to Texas?" What can I say 4 jobs in 10 months, not a bad record. My next plan is to write a book, 'Building Your Resume: How to have as many jobs as you can in a short amount of time.' No seriously, I have finally found a job in my field, with a company I know won't go belly up in 2 months, and actually has good pay and benefits. I will be doing bidding and estimating for commercial properties. Also, due to the fact that this is strictly a commercial landscape company, I will be designing residential landscapes for my own company on the side. What I won't do to make Marissa's life easier. It is good to know that I finally realize I didn't go to school to work in a dead end job.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Working for the money Part Tres
Many people have asked me why I was working in a low pay retail job when I have a degree. The answer would be that it helps pay the bills. But I have a new job. You may ask, "How many jobs has he had since he moved to Texas?" What can I say 4 jobs in 10 months, not a bad record. My next plan is to write a book, 'Building Your Resume: How to have as many jobs as you can in a short amount of time.' No seriously, I have finally found a job in my field, with a company I know won't go belly up in 2 months, and actually has good pay and benefits. I will be doing bidding and estimating for commercial properties. Also, due to the fact that this is strictly a commercial landscape company, I will be designing residential landscapes for my own company on the side. What I won't do to make Marissa's life easier. It is good to know that I finally realize I didn't go to school to work in a dead end job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm glad you found something exciting to do. It might not make life easier now, but it will once you get your business up and going. I started reading the post and I actually believed you were writing a book at first. I am so gullable.
Congrats! We're very happy for you guys!
Congrats! Its about time things started going better for you guys!
Post a Comment