Thursday, March 27, 2008
Diggin' in the Dirt
It was an absolutely beautiful day last Saturday. Being a landscaper, Kevin has been going absolutely crazy with a backyard full of grass and nothing else. He had the design for our backyard landscape done before we even closed on the house. Unfortunately, we haven't had the money to do anything with it. As I've said before, we don't even have a lawn mower. But we were fortunate enough to get a Home Depot gift card and decided that Saturday was the day to use it. It was about 80 degrees out. We chose the smallest and least expensive part of the design to start with because the gift card wasn't that big. Here's a before shot.
We had just enough to get a shovel, some mulch, topsoil, and a few bulbs. Here's my handsome hubby working on the yard. (He's wearing his bathing suit in case you were wondering because we were planning on playing in the water afterwards. I was at a baby shower while he was working.)
Landan was SO excited to help Daddy with the landscaping. He kept telling everyone at Home Depot that were were "going to dig in the dirt". He has a little sand set so we let him dig with that. He loved it. Every little (and sometimes not so little) boy's dream, digging in the dirt.

So after he planted the bulbs of course they needed to be watered. Landan makes sure this is taken care of every day.
And this is the finished product. I know, pretty pathetic. It's only a 3 foot square spot and they were bulbs so we don't even have any flowers to show for it. But it's something which is better than nothing. WE have some leftover topsoil and mulch so we're hoping to expand the planting bed slowly. Someday we'll have a really nice backyard. But for now, at least the boys got to be manly and dig in the dirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love planting! I'm glad the boys had fun!
I wish I had a house to dig in. Looks great.
Post a Comment