Thursday, April 3, 2008

Working even Harder for the Money

Nothing really has been going on here. I'm so tired all the time that I don't really feel like doing anything. I've been having trouble sleeping because my back hurts no matter which position I sleep in. I've tried sleeping on the couch because that's what I did with Landan, but that's not helping either. I think Landan is feeling it because he's becoming a little unruly again. He's all of a sudden completely dependent on me. He thinks he can't do things he really can do, like feeding himself. Or taking his clothes off. He thinks I have to do everything for him, which I don't, but that just ends up in a temper tantrum. He's quite the stubborn little thing. If anything is a break in is routine, he completely goes off the deep end. I'm a little nervous how he's going to adjust to the baby, but we'll have to see about that. We do a lot of cooking together though. He really likes to cook with me.

The only new thing is that Kevin got a second job. He's working at Hobby Lobby again on Tues. and Thurs. evenings. So he's still working at his landscape job but he goes to Hobby Lobby on those evenings after work. It's just another way to get a little extra money.

That's about all here. Hope to keep you more updated in the future.

3 comments:

Mother Goose said...

Landan is a sweet boy. He will be great with the new baby!

Jana and Mario said...

Sounds like he is beginning to feel the change that is coming. I am sure that he will be a great big brother and love the new baby. I have heard some different theories (none of which I have tried because I heard them after I had #2). Make sure that he knows that you will still give him lots of attention when the baby comes and give him a job to do for the baby, like getting the diaper etc. I have also heard one of my friends say that they got a gift (something little like a coloring book) that was from the baby to the siblings when they came home. He knows that things are stressful and he reacts to it also. I know its hard when you tired, good luck with that. He really will be fine and love his new brother, it just is a change that has to be adjusted to.

Sarah H said...

I'm sorry to hear about your back pain. Not being able to sleep is the worst. It's such an irony that you're so tired when you're pregnant but you can't sleep. I know I always wake up around 4 and can't go back to sleep for a while. Then when my kids come in around 7 I feel like something hit me over the head I'm so tired.
Good luck with everything!
Enjoy your warm days.