Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gavin's 1st Birthday

So much to blog, so little time. Two weeks ago we had a birthday party for our little Gavin. It was a monkey themed birthday. We had a small dinner, a trampoline in the backyard, a monkey bean bag toss, and blowing, and we finished the party off with pinata. Our good friends the Eldredges, the Olsons, and the Mildensteins and their kids came to celebrate with us. We had so much fun. This is how we decorated.


I'm pretty proud of the cake. It's my first time decorating a cake like that. I think it turned out rather well. I can't take all the credit though, Maria (Gavin's babysitter for those of you that don't know) helped me with it. She gave me lots of pointers. Can anyone guess what's missing?

Here's some pictures of the kids having fun.




What's a party without cake. This was Gavin's special cake made by Maria. It's a monkey face. Gavin dove right in. He didn't even pause. He loved it. It was so fun to watch him.


Present Time!


More to come. The internet is being exceptionally slow so it's taking too long to finish this post. I will post more pictures soon. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Mother Goose said...

The party looks like it was lots of fun. And the cakes were so cute!! Great job, Marissa!

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

That is adorable! What a great looking party.