Friday, November 6, 2009

Hello folks. No,we have not fallen off the planet. There is a perfectly good explanation for the delay in posting. And that reason is...


I'm Pregnant!!

We are expecting our third child. I have been VERY sick lately, hence the no posts. I pretty much was sitting on the couch and trying not to throw up in between days I would have to go to work and try not to throw up. Right when I started getting sick to my stomach, I also got a really bad cold that ended up lasting for 4 weeks. I am now sick with another cold but I'm feeling not as bad. I am just now starting to feel not sick to my stomach anymore but I still have to be careful what and how much I eat.

We are due May 10. For those that don't know or remember, Gavin's birthday is May 4th. So they will be exactly 2 years apart. I don't have a date yet set for finding out the baby's gender but I do intend to find out.

Speaking of Gavin, he had his 18 mo. check up today. He is now:

22 lbs
30 3/4 in.

10%-25% for both. So he's right on track for growth. Everything else checks out great. He's a happy healthy little boy. we're still working with early intervention to get him talking. He babbles a ton but nothing you can really understand. It's all baby talk. Once in awhile he'll come out with something that might be a word but he doesnt' use any words consistently. He has started signing some things though. He can sign "all done", "more", and "bye bye". He says "na" when he wants something to eat sometimes.

Gavin loves to go outside. I knew it as soon as I knew he was a boy he would be the adventerous one. I was right. He loves to explore and I spend most of my day keeping him out of some trouble he's gotten into trying to discover new things. He's also very busy. He can climb on things and run and kick a ball and throw a ball. He's just a busy busy boy. It's hard to keep up with him.

He's also very sweet. His daddy taught him how to give kisses and he loves to do it. He's also started bonding a lot with daddy which is good because he's a big mama's boy and he's going to have to bond with daddy more when the baby comes. He's so fun to watch and he's always smiling. We love him som much!!

I'll post some pictures soon.

5 comments:

Ashley A. said...

Congratulations!! I'm sorry you were/are so sick. I don't know if there's anything worse than being sick on top of being pregnant sick. Are you hoping for a girl or happy with whatever?

Becky said...

Glad to hear the sickness is starting to die down. Hopefully, it'll be completely under control by the holidays, so you can partake in all the sumptuous feasting.

Keep us posted! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray and Congrads !!!!!

Jana and Mario said...

Congrats! Sorry you have been so sick, that is tough. Your boys are so cute! Hope things start getting better and you can enjoy being pregnant.

Andie said...

Congratulations on your exciting news! Hope you are able to enjoy a break from the sickness soon!