Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

We had a great Memorial Day. We went grocery shopping in the morning. We just got our tax return so we decided to use some to get a real Memorial Day treat. We bought Kevin a grill. He's been wanting one for so long and he finally got one. First we went down to the pool and went swimming. Landan was so surprising. He got in without any complaints. Usually we have to drag him into the water because he's scared. He seemed to enjoy it though.


Gavin loves the water. He wasn't so enthusiastic about it that day because he was tired. He had a shortened nap because Landan was being loud in his excitement to go swimming. But he loved the water when he was in it. He kept putting his head down on the tube and trying to go to sleep.


This is Landan swimming all by himself. He was so excited to be able to swim like a "big boy". But he would only do it for a little bit. I was very proud of him.
And of course we had to have a grill out for dinner. We had hamburgers and grilled corn on the cob. It was so good. Landan of course had to help out his Daddy. He sure loves doing things with his Daddy. It's very sweet.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Looks very fun! Happy Birthday Marissa!

Valerie and Adam said...

I know Adam would love to have a grill, but really, our balcony is too small.

We just went to the zoo, too! Sorry I missed you last Saturday. It was the one time practically all summer I had a Saturday off, and that's the day you went! If only you'd given me more time...j/k I can't rewrite the schedule, and I'm not complaining about having a day to spend with my husband. Hope you had fun at SeaWorld!