I just spent the last hour playing a most interesting game with Landan. In this game there were no rules and most of it was spent running around the house. Landan directed most of the conversation. And everything that came out of his mouth was from something he remembered. Here's a rundown of what transpired in my apartment this afternoon:1. First we had to find Rocket. (Little Einsteins)
2. Then, I became Tuck and Landan became Ming Ming and there was an elephant in trouble. (Wonder pets)
3.While we were saving the elephant we found some lions which were going to get us. (The Lion King)
4. We hid from the lions for a long time and then Landan asked if his birthday party was today? (Toy Story)
5. After I confirmed it was today he turned into a dog and had to find a stick. (Shaggy Dog)
6. The stick he found (imaginary) just happened to be a clue. (Blue's Clues)
7. We then needed Rocket again so that we could go on our mission. (back to Little Einsteins)
It was quite the adventure we went on.
P.S. If anyone has had trouble following this little scenario then you obviously haven't spent much time around a preschooler. Try Nick Jr. and Disney for a little bit and it will all fall into place.


3 comments:
I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared that I could follow every step of the logical sequence of this chain of events.
I am scared that "I" followed every step of the adventure. Especially when those shows were not even on for me or my kids. Oh, well, I guess that makes me a great grandma.
MOM
We can't wait! Landan was good practice for us!
Post a Comment